WASHINGTON: Large volumes of X-rays are produced by plasma waves, which are waves in exploding stars. It may take months or years for these rays to reach Earth and other planets. According to scientists, this might obliterate the planets.
There are many inconceivable catastrophes in the universe. 96% of the cosmos is made up of dark matter and dark energy. According to scientific theory, the remaining 4% is made up of the sun, earth, galaxies, and the Milky Way.
Scientists estimate that it takes sunlight around 8 minutes to travel the 15 million light-years to Earth. It can take billions of years for the light from stars in the Milky Way to travel through space when they are hundreds of thousands of light-years away. The star’s light will continue to shine even if it is destroyed.
This implies that even stars that are currently visible to our eyes may have died out millions of years ago. Despite all of this, scientists warn that a threat to Earth could originate from distant regions of space that are beyond of our control. Here are the specifics:
Scientists have discovered that X-rays from exploding stars can reach a phase that can influence planets 100 light-years away using the Chandra X-ray Observatory and other telescopes delivered by NASA in 1999. It should be emphasised that one of these planets is Earth.
A study reveals that planets may be more at risk from exploding stars than previously assumed. Large volumes of X-rays are produced by plasma waves, which are waves in exploding stars. It may take months or years for these rays to reach Earth and other planets. Even decades after the eruption, it may continue. Planets might be destroyed by such severe exposure.
Additionally, the radiation from the neighbouring planets would have a negative impact on the chemistry of the planets’ atmospheres if it were to be directed at these X worlds in high quantities. It would significantly deplete the ozone layer, which would have an impact on planets like Earth. UV radiation will endanger life as a result of this, it stated.
The research described above was carried out by Ian Brunton of the University of Illinois. The Earth has not yet been harmed by such occurrences, and there are no supernovae that could harm the Earth within the radiation hazard zone, according to scientists.